Cypresses are a popular hedge plant because they are ideal for creating a natural and decorative garden boundary. The Taxus Baccata is very tolerant to many things which makes it an excellent hedging plant.
Reasons as to why you should grow Cypresses:
- It can reach a height of up to 10m. This makes it a perfect plant for screening and privacy.
- It is highly resistant to pests and diseases, making it a perfect choice for areas where these plants are at risk.
- The dense foliage of these plants act as a windbreak, while also reducing noise and air pollution. By creating a compact hedge that cannot be easily broken, strong winds won’t be able to penetrate the wall.
- It will provide shelter and serve as nesting sites for birds. Especially during the winter you will see a lot of wildlife in your hedge.
- They require little maintenance.
Reasons as to why you should grow the Taxus Baccata:
- The Taxus Baccata is also a low maintenance plant. You can keep the hedge in shape by pruning it once a year. When overgrown the plant can tolerate hard pruning.
- The Taxus Baccata is the longest living plant in the UK with estimated ages of about 3000 years.
- The Taxus Baccata van be trimmed to any shape. You can trim them into formal shapes or you can trim them into eye-catching curves and shapes.
- It has a beautiful evergreen colour all year round, which gives your garden a natural look.